When I was a kid I couldn’t wait for the weekend to come because we would make our weekly dessert and I’m sure it is what led me to be the chocolate addict that I am today :-). Although, at least I mostly indulge in the healthier dark chocolate these days. However, it still take me back to that warm gooey dessert that I craved and couldn’t wait for.
This recipe is a slight variation to my moms epic recipe. But it includes an added surprise with the peanut butter, which we never did when I was a kid. But seriously who doesn’t love PB and chocolate together. Yes please! This recipe also turns out more like a brownie than my mother’s pudding cake. My mom’s recipe has a saucy chocolate lava under the cake, this recipe is mildy saucy but my love for brownies also keeps me coming back to this one.
Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding Cake
- 2 + tbsp cocao (I like a little extra but I’m a lover of rich chocolate)
- 1/2 cup sugar or better yet dark brown sugar (erythritol can be used as well)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk (I like to use chocolate milk)-add a little water or more milk if it feels too thick.
- 2 1/2 cups brownie mix
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or even a few choc chips) are optional
- In a small saucepan combine first 3 ingredients from step 1 and bring to a boil on medium high heat stirring to keep it creamy.
- Meanwhile combine wet ingredients from step 2 into a bowl and mix well. Slowly add brownie mix and mix well.
- Grease your slow cooker and add batter to the bottom, spread evenly, then pour boiling chocolate mixture over top of the batter.
- Cover. Cook on high temperature for about 2 hours. Dessert can keep well without heat for a good hour and really it becomes more brownie like if it sits for a little while in the cooker with the temperature off.
Serve as desired
If Crockpotting is your thing I would like to introduce you to a favorite cookbook of mine: Crockpot Girls. Over 500 of some of the tasiest slow cooker recipes you will find. HUGE variety all the way from main dishes, sides, pizza, seafood, soups, mexican, italian and much more. Desserts such as cobblers, cookies, cheesecakes, cakes, puddings oh my. In addition you even get drink recipes and different variations to change things up. You can’t go wrong and you won’t be disappointed!