Spaghetti is another household favorite. I love the versatility in that we can all have it the way we want. I prefer mine not very saucy and with zoodles and parmesean. Hubby loves to sauce it up and the kids mix pasta and zoodles together for an added veggie. My daughter loves adding mozzarella cheese and my son actually loves meatball subs. You can easily satisfy everyones tastes with this recipe! We can make these and change it up to make it different for each of us. Love when cooking for the family is made easy!!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs
STEP 1: (The Meatball)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
Step 2: (The Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or evoo
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients from step 1 in a large bowl except ground beef. Mix well then add beef and mix until combined well. Separate into 20 balls and roll in to ball.
- In a larger skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until they are translucent lightly brown. Add garlic. Add mixture to slow cooker. Then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well. Set aside while you finish up the meat.
- In the same skillet brown the meatballs on all sides without cooking through. Only a couple minutes per side. Add to slow cooker with the rest and stir to coat the meatballs
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4, stirring occasionally if on high. Don’t forget to remove the bay leaf.
- Half way through cooking you can add cooked pasta to the mix if you want that combined as an option.
Enjoy with Zoodles, pasta, bread for a sub meatball sandwich. Here is what I use to make zoodles…I show you how it works in the below video:
LOVE this recipe?
Never wonder to have make…..Find breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes just like it HERE: (#1 Best Seller: 500+ SLOW COOKER / CROCKPOT RECIPES)